On a Onet.xml Site definition, we wanted to set the RowLimit (http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ms428643.aspx) for announcement list. So we set :
but, it didn't work...WTF??
How sweet it is when you try to use a "standard" attribute and when you realize that...Gasp It hasn't been implemented By MS (That was the real answer that they gave us!)
We have spent a few days on this bug, so I just blog it hoping that the one who is looking for solution find it!! There is no solutions but creating a feature that will replace the announcementList feature. This feature that you can call "CustomeAnnouncementList" will be a copy/Paste of the basic Anouncement List feature amended (in the element.xml file) with the rowlimit attribute inside. Then you have to activate this feature on all sites. Bingo! Of course, if you don't want to see 2 anouncement list in your available lists, you will also have to deactivate the old feature.
Cheers & Good luck